Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter break

Happy Easter people! :D How I miss celebrating Easter in Melbourne :( Not that I really celebrate it, but I just love the many many easter bunnies and easter eggs I see everywhere when I was there.

Hmm anyway, I'm finally done with my 3 weeks hospital placements! Wooohoo! I actually really love Hospital Sg Buloh (HSB) alot, so much that I'm so determined to do my housemanship there next year!! I must get in, I'm gonna apply and appeal until they give it to me!! *crosses finger*

The past 3 weeks in HSB went by in a blink of an eye because we were not overworked or overstressed and we get to go home early everyday. I think the reason is because HSB staffs underestimated our knowledge. 

Haha what I meant by that is, most of the time, they will give us assignments/tasks/questions to complete within a time period of lets say 3 hours, and every single time without fail, we would complete it in less than half the time given, probably within 30minutes out of the 3 hours they give us? p/s: the questions are really simple lo. 

And then we would just sit there and start gossiping and laughing non stop till we get bored and finally decide to present our work, and each time our preceptors will be like 'Wah you all complete so fast ah? The questions too easy meh?'  
LOL probably Monash trains and drills their students more than other students from public universities? (cause they have alot of other students from our public unis)

So after all our presentation is done, our preceptors will be like 'ok la since u all so smart already can go home earlier la' then dismissed! :D Some days we go back at 3pm or 4pm. We were even dismissed as early as 11am hahahahaha

So out of all the departments I was attached to in HSB, my most loved department would probably be the Emergency Department (ED)! Because we get to see how patients were given emergency treatment, like you know in all the tv series and dramas. So cool to actually see it in real life! :D *not very cool when there's lots of blood involved though*

But I really pity the patients in ED. Once, we went for rounds with the doctor, and there were like 20 students surrounding the patient, who was bleeding from the head and nose and mouth and hands due to motorcycle accident. Students from Monash like us, Taylors, UiTM.. And the doctor just talked and talked for 30minutes, while the patient was just left bleeding (not alot until dripping la). I mean shouldn't the doctor like clean up her wound and dress it before giving his lectures to the students?? 

Imagine you are the patient, lying on the bed bleeding, and 20 students staring at you for 30 minutes. After awhile, the patient just got so bored that she just took out her hp and started playing with it while still bleeding hahaha. This is the treatment you get if you go to public hospitals.

And after working in this hospital, I finally realized that the number of patients with HIV is really alot. Shocking amount. To be honest, I was really shocked. I never expected that so many people has HIV. Age range from mid twenties till 60 years old also got lo!! My god, how did they even contracted it in the first place?? I found out that mostly are homosexuals, drug addicts..

Their appearance looks perfectly fine, as if they are perfectly healthy individuals. In my mind, I always pictured HIV patients as weak, thin, people. Lol I guess wrong perception!!! By looking at them, you wouldn't even guessed that they have HIV lo.

But obviously they have very low self esteem, wouldn't even look at us when we were giving them their medications. And because HIV patients are very confidential, we aren't allowed to openly say that these medications are for their HIV. We will just give their medications, and they will take it without looking at you and quickly placed it into their bags and just walk away, as if afraid that people will know. 

Once, I saw a drug addict who is positive for HIV and has contracted Tuberculosis (TB). When we passed by, he gave us the scariest stare like he was going to eat us up!! I swear it was so scary I didn't dare look at him again!!
And my friend was like 'OMG I don't want to breathe. I'm just gonna hold my breathe because he has TB!!'  HAHAH damn funny!!!!!!


So yeap thats the summary of my 3 weeks in HSB. On Friday which was our last day, we got to leave early too, so I decided to find dearie for lunch. 

And because we kept craving for Daves for the past few days, we decided to have lunch there. Also because they had 30% off selected pastas from 12.30 to 2.30pm. Hehe I can still strongly declare that Daves is my most favorite restaurant until today!!



 

*The best caesar salad!!!* 
Never failed to order this whenever I'm here!!!!

*And ofcourse I will never missed out on ordering Mushroom Soup*
But if wanna compare, D Italian Kitchen mushroom soup tastes better than Daves

 *The boy's favorite Carbonara* 
Super love!!!

It was a super super satisfying meal, what more with the company of the bf, it was the perfect lunch date :)


After lunch, dear had to go back to work so I left for home. Came home and slept like a pig for 3 hours, and waking up to dear's call saying that he can get off work soon and would be coming to pick me up for dinner. 

We planned to have dinner at Jarrods & Rowlin because I had been craving for it since I left to Aussie one year ago. I could practically taste the pork belly, pork sausages in my mouth.

They have many outlets and I decided on the Damansara outlet because it was the nearest and we definitely wont want to be stuck in the jam to go to the Ampang outlet. And guess what? I regretted it so badly!!! I should have listened to Cher when she told me that ONLY the Ampang outlet has their deli which I can choose all my porkkk..


We got stuck in the jam anyhow and so..........knowing me, SS moments! :P



*My darling, driver, butler, ATM, anything-I-want- person :D*



Hehe pictures were taken before the sun started setting. Lol 

Finally reached the place after getting lost a few times. Settled down, the first thing I asked was 'do you have a deli here?' and the answer was NO. So so disappointed I wanted to leave and go to Ampang's outlet :( But considering it was already very late, the kitchen would be closed by the time we reached Ampang so we decided to just stay.



 *Environment was good! Good place to chill to have wine or beer. Lots of guai lou!*


Look through the menu and the first thing that caught our eyes was their pork knuckles. And we instantly decided on that. Waiting time was 30minutes and we were saying 'the pork knuckles better be good!!'


*still busy working while waiting for pork knuckles to arrive??* LOL 
more like facebooking
*Waiting patiently* 
It finally arrived......


 *The long awaited pork knuckles which cost rm67!!*
 It was totally a DISAPPOINTMENT!! It was so so bad that we couldn't even finish it! Had to practically force ourselves to eat it just because it cost 67bucks! The meat was dry and hard as rock. Without the sauce given, I think I wouldn't even eat it. Urghhh, dear told the waiter to pass a message to the chef to tell him how bad it was!! 

At first we thought that maybe we do not know how to enjoy the taste of the pork knuckles, but when we looked at the table opposite us who also ordered the same thing, they abandoned half of their pork knuckles too. So I guess they too thought that it was really bad!!



 *Our dessert- Chocolate Coffee Pot with Crackled Sea Salt - RM12*
It was kind of good I guess, but not extraordinary



The next day, Saturday afternoon, darling took me and Chern for lunch at Betty's Kitchen. The only reason we went all the way there was cause I promised Chern many many times that I would take her there. 

Thankiew darling for driving us there and accompanying us and even paying the bill for us :)


*Their famous DOGFOOD. Fries in cheese and gravy.. Yummy!!!!*

 *Pork chop in Apple sauce*



Then he took me to buy Gong Cha because I was craving for it.
But this time, instead of the usual Earl Grey Milk Tea, I decided to give the Signature Winter Melon Tea another try. I didn't like it the last time Cher introduced it to me. But this time, I drank it and instantly fell in love!!! Omg how could I not like it last time?! LOL I'm one weird human.


Went back to his place for awhile to chill and study after that. 
I was sitting on his chair, looking through the stuffs in his drawer when I accidentally discovered all the tiny gifts, presents, small notes, cards that I gave him which he kept it all nicely in his drawer. 

Lol and the funniest thing was, I found a page of my chemistry notes with my scribblings on it, also kept in the pile. So I asked him, 

Mun: why you keep this rubbish?? I help you throw away okay?
Hou: no cannot!
Mun: huh why not? its just my scribblings wert. you want for wat?
Hou: i like to keep la, cannot meh
Mun: do you really love me so much ah???
Hou: ofcourse, why very hard to believe meh?
Mun: still quite unbelievable that someone can love me so much lo. 

:) He is just so sweet LOL


 For dinner that night, we decided to try out Oregi in ss15, a place that we always passed by and is always filled with lots of people but never really had the chance to try before.


*Mushroom Chicken Chop*


*Minced lamb with arabic spices served with arabic bread*

*Their signature drink*

The food overall was not too bad. Will definitely be back to try out the other choices in the menu :)


And I was a super super super happy girl that night because he gave me something as our 2nd anniversary present :)



A white gold necklace, heart shaped with a small tiny little diamond which is I dont know how many carat LOL. But I'm freaking in love with it!! Thank you sooooooo much darling!!!! Love you banyak banyakk laaaa :D 


Thats all for now. Back to doing my assignments which are piling up!!

-mun-

0 comments: