Friday, March 1, 2013

Traumatized

I am still very traumatized over the incident that occurred early morning yesterday. And that's the reason why I'm still awake at this hour, even though I am so tired and my eyes are feeling heavier and heavier. All I want to do is to get a good night sleep but I know I will never be able to sleep with a peaceful heart and mind, so I would rather stay up all night.

Yesterday (28/2) morning at 5.18am, Hou's house got broken into. And I was there to experience the whole traumatizing event. Let me tell my long detailed story. Note that everything happened so quickly, in just 6 minutes.

Hou came and picked me up from the airport and I was gonna be sleeping over at his house. I decided to use the guest room downstairs because his room was leaking from the ceiling. So he decided to accompany me downstairs. We locked the bedroom door before sleeping.

I was sound asleep and suddenly I was awoken by a loud noise. I opened my eyes, still blurred, and I just lay there. Then I heard more knocking sound, like someone hammering. I shook Hou and asked him 'did you hear anything?' (p/s: my bf is a certified pig. he sleeps like a dead man), and he mumbled something which sounded like 'no' and he continued sleeping. 

The sound stopped for awhile so I thought I was imagining and decided to ignore. 1 minute later I heard the same knocking sound again, this time louder and I was quite sure I wasn't imagining. I did not suspect anything at that time. All I was thinking was 'what so fast morning already?' because I thought his parents were downstairs doing some stuffs.

I slowly reached out to my hp and checked the time. Yes I have a habit of doing that whenever I wake up in the middle of the night. The time showed '5.18am', thats why I was very sure of the time they broke in.

When I saw the time, I started to become suspicious of the sound outside so I woke Hou up again. This time he stood up, and walked to the door and listened. He told me that he heard glass knocking against each other and water sound. (his normal drinking water is in jugs right beside each other). So he was thinking 'oh my brother or my dad came down to drink water'. He wanted to open the locked door, and I stopped him on time.

I straight away said NO. Do not open the door. I think I stopped him 3 times in total and when he saw my serious face, he knew something was not right. He just stoned there and I said  'call your dad's hp upstairs now and ask your dad to check whether your bro is in the room or not'. 

I said 'we do not know who is outside in the hall, and how many of them'. 
I said 'even if its either your bro or dad or mum, there's no harm in calling their hp to MAKE SURE'. 

So he did as what I told him to do. His dad picked up the phone and at that moment, we heard his Nissan Sylphy car engine starting at the porch. The dad peeked out from his room window, opened and shouted 'Jin (Hou's bro name), is that you?' 

And a reply saying 'um um um'. When Hou heard that, he thought it was the brother so he unlocked the door and came out from the room. I did not stop him because I also had the same thought. (p/s: I heard the door opening sound of his other car Sentra before the Sylphy engine started and Oscar(their dog,which usually barks the loudest at any strangers or friends) wasn't barking at all, so I thought ok should be the brother going out because it isn't unusual for him to go out at that time)

At that time, I was happily lying on the bed, preparing to go back to sleep when I heard Hou's voice shouting 'OIIII', then I heard another 3 more times of him shouting OI OI OI damn loud. I knew that it was a robbery, reached for my phone, dialed 999. The time was 5.25am on my phone. It all happened so fast.

I rushed out, saw the dad and Hou, and the car gone.

Hou's part of the story: He came out of the room and saw the whole hall empty, walked slowly to the front and saw the front door open. He still thought it was his brother. He wanted to scold the brother for not closing the door. He went out, saw someone in the car but only saw the back of his head because he was turning behind trying to reverse the car out.

Hou said 'Jin?'. The fella turned in front, full face mask and that was when Hou came to his senses and started screaming. He ran out to the porch, and the only thing he had in his hand was his hp. He was about to throw the hp at the car windscreen to damage it and activate the car alarm so it would deactivate the whole engine. 

Suddenly, another man who was inside a black car waiting outside, came running towards him when he saw Hou running out and shouting. Hou was afraid that he would get attacked by parang or gun so he made a smart move and ran back into the house and locked the doors. His dad who heard his screams came down and both of them opened the door again. At that time, all they saw were their car zooming down the street and disappearing.

Everyone was in total shock at that time. All I could do was stand there and I was trembling. I never ever would have expected something like this to happen to me and Hou.

The dad was already on the phone with the police, who arrived 5 minutes later. Everyone went back into the house and looked at the damages the robbers had done. One laptop in the hall, Hou's dad working bag, and a few bottles of expensive alcohol, plus of course their car. 

Their flat screen TV was already plugged out and I think the robbers wanted to take that too but was discovered by us so they left it. Hou has 2 more cars, the Unser and the Sentra. I think they wanted to take all, but had no time so they abandoned the other 2 cars and took the most expensive one, Sylphy.

It was Hou's baby, only 1.5 years old. I could see his heart broken face, totally shocked and shaken. He came over to me and just hugged me silently. All I could do was stand there and hugged him. We were all in shocked. I was totally shivering.

They took the Unser car keys with them, and left the Sentra car keys at the ignition, with the Sentra driver door side wide open. I think if we came out a little bit later, all 3 cars would be gone, plus his TV.

30 minutes after the incident happened, the police notified us that they found the car at Bukit Jalil heading towards Seri Kembangan, and they were chasing it. 5police cars were chasing them all the way to Ampang and then Gombak, which was where they lost the car. Hou's hope was held high and he was disappointed yet again when he heard that they couldn't catch up with the car.

The police said 'You kereta Sylphy, kita Waja saja. Mana boleh tangkap'. 

They were probably going at 190km/h because the Sylphy is fking stable even at that speed.And Hou's car can really zoom FAST. I kid you not. I have experienced it myself when he was driving.


Eye witness said that the car was traveling so fast, cutting left and right and when it got stuck in a traffic jam, it used the emergency lane immediately, driving with precise speed and direction. Definitely a professional car stealer who has done it many times.



After everyone had finally accepted the fact the parents quickly went out to change the immobilizer for the Unser, since the robbers are having the keys. All the locks in the house were changed, and they added 3 extra locks in case the robbers decide to come back. You will never know.


Thank god everyone is safe and no one is hurt. That is the most important thing. Car lost can buy back, Money can earn back, but life is very precious. I really thank god for protecting all of us.


Dear decided to take me out for lunch because our initial plan was to go for Sukiyaki buffet at Paradigm Mall. After all that had happened, I didn't want to go anymore but dear said lets go to cheer up ourselves since we both were hungry, after all the adrenaline rush, fight vs flight situation.

And yup, we had a good time during lunch. Still talking about the incident but trying very hard to forget about it.


*We totally spammed the thin meat slices! They have beef, chicken and lamb*
We took 8 plates full muahahhaa :P


*The lamb slices. It was good! Up to expectations!*


*Variety of vegetables that we can add into our soup*

*Sukiyaki dipping sauce. It was seriously damn good and addictive. Every meat slice of mine must be dunked into these sauce before it goes into my mouth :P*


*Can choose 2 different types of soup, and so we chose Sukiyaki and Shabu Shabu*
Both of us preferred the Sukiyaki more :)


*And lastly, dessert! Green tea  and chocolate ice cream*

It was a very filling and satisfying meal and the total bill came up to rm70 for 2 person for buffet lunch. I would say reasonable price and reasonable food.


Went shopping  for awhile after lunch then we came home, and at 8.30pm, we were out again for yamcha session with Rick, CX and YY who wanted to hear stories. LOL I think I repeated the story of the incident happening today more than 10 times already lo!

They are all damn bad la! Keep laughing at the bf because he got robbed. LOL instead of trying to console him. The kind of friends he has tsk tsk. Hou got scoldings from his friends for not listening to me the first time when I woke him up. Hahahahah he said it was his biggest mistake and from now onwards, he will never ever doubt me whenever I feel something is wrong.

I am seriously a light sleeper and most of the time, I'll be able to hear the slightest noise. So yeah I guess I saved the whole family from more trouble when I heard something was wrong and woke the whole house up. 

Hopefully I will never ever encounter such situations anymore. I dont think I will be able to handle it the 2nd time but I am quite sure I will be more prepared on what to do the next time if it ever happens. Please man, never ever again.



Lessons for everyone to learn: 

Never leave your car keys in the hall lying around because the robber may not have the intention of taking your cars when they break into your house but if the car keys are lying around, you can just say bye to your cars. So from now on, bring all your car keys into the room and lock your room door when you're sleeping.

Never ever leave valuable items in the hall, which will be easy for the robbers to take, like laptops, ipads, handphones, tablets,wallet whatever. Because the robbers would probably wanna come in fast and leave fast so whatever that is in sight, they will just take. Best is to hide it somewhere or bring it with you into your room.

(p/s: thank god I didnt leave my laptop outside in the hall, it was with me inside the room with the doors locked. If it wasn't, then I would probably have to say farewell to my laptop as well!!)


And always be alert!! Malaysia is not a safe country anymore. Crime rates are increasing and criminals are getting more and more daring. So the best would be precaution if possible!



Thats all for now

-mun-

0 comments: